Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 9 (August 1st)

Day 9
So things have been going a little better today. I think the swelling is down somewhat (still more on left side-infection-than the right) and my food intake is up (good thing-I have been really hungry) I have continued to do the warm compresses and drain my mouth and rinse with salt water several times a day. I did get up every couple of hours last night again to follow that same routine. I think tonight though I will only get up once in the middle and leave it at that. I actually left the house yesterday and today and was seen in public! Yesterday was also the first time I drove since surgery. I just went a few miles down the road to the pharmacy to get my antibiotic filled. Today, we went to the High School to watch the marching band perform their  set that they have been practicing all week at band camp. My oldest two are in High School right now. They do a great job, it's always fun to watch them. I wasn't sure this morning if I felt up to going since not resting well and the swelling and all, but I was feeling pretty good, so I surprised them and showed up.  I haven't napped at all today and I really think I will be ready for bed tonight!! I have had to write down the times I take all the meds-tylenol, penicillin, diclofenac, salt water rinses, to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

My parents are staying for a few more days, they will make sure that I'm set for food (my oldest can also drive me to the store if need be) and they will go home, they have been here almost two weeks now.  I really appreciate the help with laundry and making meals for the kids, etc.  I was just starting to feel really good, then got the infection, so that was a little setback in recovery. But I think the meds are kicking in and everything will be fine soon. I still have 3 more days before appointments next week. So there is still time for improvement on the antibiotics. I guess that's really it for now...I was thinking there might be something else, but I can't remember right now! I hate that feeling! until next time... (Oh! I remembered what it was-I have the drooling under control, I am not constantly holding a tissue, napkin or paper towel to my face!!!!!-how could I forget that, it was so annoying!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment