Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 19 (August 11th)

Things seem to be going fine. My face is so tingly though, it drives me crazy at times.  My chin area is constantly tingly. I know that I shouldn't complain as some people are completely numb for a long time and wish they had the tingly sensations, I just wish it would calm down a bit.

I have slept in my bed for the last two nights and that seems to be fine as well. I am not waking up with more swelling or anything like that. I don't wake in the middle of the night from pain or anything either so I guess everything is ok that way.

I sneezed for the first time last night and made sure my mouth was open like everyone says and it wasn't too bad, my nose area is tender to touch and still really puffy along the sides of my nose and cheeks.  I also think the swelling is going down around my jaw line so that is looking a little better.

I am experiencing something that I don't think anyone else has ever mentioned though- maybe because it would freak people out? But when I try to eat, swallow, talk or just move my head or when I try to (not) yawn- I feel a clicking in my upper jaw, especially where they made the left cut. I made a comment to the doc. when I went for my one week follow up and he said that it would feel like things are "loose" in there. I do think as the time is going on that it's getting better or I don't feel it quite as much but it does worry me. Is there a problem? I go to the surgeon's office again on Wednesday to get the splint taken out. I think it's interesting that some people have the splint removed after a few days, others 6 weeks after surgery. Mine is 3 weeks after surgery. They also need to do an xray since they haven't done that since surgery either. I am nervous for the splint to be removed-I don't want it to hurt. Then I go to the ortho the same day to get the wires replaced.  I am looking forward to not having so much metal and stuff in my mouth-all the hooks and wires from the splint are rubbing the insides of my mouth all the time, so that part will be good. I am also looking forward to talking without the  splint in my mouth. I can't wait to hear what that sounds like!

I finally finished the antibiotic yesterday afternoon also. It seemed like the never ending bottle of pills, so I am glad that is done. I also stopped the salt water rinses then too. I think that the cheek healed up inside and it wouldn't make much difference any more.

For lunch I blended up our left over chicken soft tacos-last night I ate the rice, beans and shredded meat with fiesta ranch dressing and sour cream to soften it up some more, but today I put the rice, meat, and beans in the blender with salsa and the dressing and blended everything. That was easier to eat. I heated it up and then added sour cream. It tasted good. I am noticing how many food commercials are on the tv and everything looks soooo good.  *Only* around 3 more weeks of not chewing.  I know that even then once I can chew, I won't be able to really chew everything-it will take time. I am really going to miss deep dish pizza!! I guess that's it for now-I will update after the appointments on Wednesday.  Until then...



No comments:

Post a Comment