Sunday, July 14, 2013

So much going on...

As the title of my last post states, these past few weeks have definitely been a roller coaster ride, and not a fun one either.  I spoke to the surgeon's office on July 1st but I was told that they were going to workup the models that my ortho sent them the week before to see if I was ready and they would try to get me back on the schedule for July, but I also let my ortho know that I didn't have a firm date yet, because I think she thought I was rescheduled already. Anyway...I was told by the surgeon's office not to expect any word from them till July 12th. If I didn't hear from them by then, she told me to call the afternoon of the 12th.

My surgery was originally scheduled for July 2nd, so as that date came and went, I was having a really emotional day trying to get through it and angry and upset that it wasn't happening, all due to a miscommunication and no chance to clarify things that would have kept it on track.

I was busy cleaning the basement on the 2nd, trying to distract myself and keep busy during the day. I already had one phone call from the periodontist saying that they recommend I get a deep cleaning before my surgery. It only costs 1,200. She mentioned that insurance would cover 80%, then actually checked my insurance coverage and said it would only cover 50%, but (lucky for me) they can stretch out the payments to make it easier for me. I did not need that call, on the day I was supposed to be having surgery!! It pushed me over the edge (again!) I went back to work, but when I needed a break, I realized that I had a voicemail. Imagine my surprise when I heard that it was from the surgeon's office saying that she had good news for me and to call her back.  I couldn't dial fast enough! Luckily she answered the phone right away and said that since my first date was canceled due to a miscommunication, they were putting me on the schedule for July 23!!!! She also scheduled me (again) for the work up for July 11th. I told her I would be there for sure!! See what I mean about a roller coaster?!

My husband had  just returned from China after a month long business trip and then he was only home for 5 days before traveling to see his critically ill mother.  I stayed home with the kids. He called early on July 4th to say that his mom had passed away, only about 12 hours after he arrived to see her. I then packed and left two days later to be there for the services and to help his dad organize things around the house. Her service couldn't be scheduled until Wednesday. That meant we had to leave immediately after to make the 8 hour drive home (through tornado warnings and torrential rain) I was so stressed out and emotionally and physically exhausted after that trip.

I made it to my pre-op appointment, and had 2 to 3 interns doing things for me throughout the appointment.  The office was really supposed to be shut down at the time, but they were trying to make it up to me for canceling the first one.  The one intern said that after what they did, I deserve to have them bend over backwards for me:) especially since they put me out into a horrible thunderstorm that day ( and I got lost trying to get home) I appreciated the extra attention:)  The appointment lasted for three hours! They did more molds(they started that last time), wax bite, face bow and measurements and lots of talking about the procedure,etc. I signed the consent for the surgeon (with the specifics for my procedures) and a general consent for the hospital. I am excited and anxious to get this done, but I still am afraid that they are going to call and cancel the whole thing. I haven't updated my friends from work, they know it's been postponed but not rescheduled. I think I will wait a few days just to make sure things are still on. Wish me luck!! Thanks for reading this book!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment