Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 6 (Monday, July 29th)

Today is my son's 15th Birthday! Where has the time gone?? Luckily we celebrated before my surgery. Anyway...

Today has seen improvement of a few things. I am getting more fluids, the drool seems to be lessening and I actually slurped some soup and a vanilla malt with a spoon! Which is good as it seems the syringes are starting to malfunction! I guess I need to transition to cups and silverware now otherwise I will just delay learning how to use the new jaw.  When I use the cup to swallow my meds, I have had water come out my nose several times, so annoying. My one week follow up appointment is tomorrow. I spent some time writing down some questions for the docs. I hope all goes well.

I didn't sleep that great last night, it kind of felt like I was half awake most of the time. I did catch a little nap this afternoon once the house got quiet.  I feel a good sleep coming on though:) one thing I have been worried about was my energy level returning quickly, since I have 3 teens, 2 pets and a husband that travels alot for work. My parents have been helping me out alot, which I really appreciate. They will drive me to my appointment tomorrow since it's so far away. I know I won't have the energy for that so soon.  Then we have some days off, so my parents will go home and I won't have any appointments or obligations till next Monday. I plan to just hang around the house and rest. I still have three weeks before I start work again. My splint will come off the week before I go back-thank goodness! I will have to take that trip with my youngest daughter, we can have a girls day:)

I just have doctor appointments set for the kids for their school physicals and that's about the only obligations I have till work starts. I know I will have another ortho appointment once the splint comes out so they can replace the wire that they cut when they widened my top jaw. My lips are doing much better, but the skin around my mouth has been peeling. I will get the splint removal appointment tomorrow, then we'll have to coordinate with the ortho.

My face feels pretty tingling all over, which I guess is a good sign, it just feels so weird. There is a spot on my left cheek that feels normal, the rest is all tingles. I also have this spot on my left cheek that looks like a blister, so I'm going to ask what that's from.  I have been swallowing pills today, a combo of ibuprofen and acetaminophen. My jaw is just really achy right now, from trying to open and get a spoon in there when I had my malt, so I have a warm compress on it. That feels good.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I'll try to update tomorrow after my appointment.  Did I mention I wish the drooling would stop already?! until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment