Friday, June 28, 2013

Roller coaster ride

I had my otho appointment on Thursday, June 27th. My ortho said that she was just as confused, maybe more confused than me as to why my surgery was canceled for July 2nd.  Once I suggested she call the surgeon to see what was going on, she left and placed two calls in the time that I was there, even asking if one of the interns could call to speak with her. Of course, no one was available at the time. I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would hear something from someone yesterday, but that did not happen. The next hope was that I would hear from my ortho today, but that did not happen either...so frustrating!! I did call the ortho, she wasn't even in the office today.  I also called the scheduler person at the surgeon's office.  She is aware that the original surgery date was canceled, and she said that she would talk to the one intern to see what was going on. He said that it is definitely something that needs to be worked out between the ortho and the surgeon.  I waited till the afternoon, but I called back with a different question and at that point as we were talking, I said that this is just due to a miscommunication. If they would have been able to reach my regular ortho on Friday (she was teaching a seminar and they couldn't reach her) this whole thing could have been avoided!!! The scheduler did say that the dr is booked all of July now because I was asking if they could pencil me in on a date while the two doctors figure it out. (The ortho said they would try to get me back on the schedule and get it done this month.) At this point, I told her that I am panicking that it won't get done and be delayed for 6 months, but she said for me not to panic, she will talk to the doctor and maybe the doctor could get me in when she normally isn't scheduled for the O.R.  I really hope that's the case. I want as much recovery time as I can get, and the summer time is it for me.  Keeping fingers crossed. I will post again as soon as I get an idea of what's happening, you better believe that I will be calling them next week!!

2 comments:

  1. I just came to check your blog thinking ah she'll have had her surgery by now, and wow I'm really sorry your date has been cancelled, have you heard anything yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking on me:) I do have new date set for July 23rd. I had the pre-op work up stuff done on the 11th. I want to get an update on here but things have been crazy. I'll post more soon.

    ReplyDelete