Friday, December 7, 2012

It's always something

So, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I was getting ready for bed and brushing and flossing and all that good stuff when out pops one of my crowns!! That is not supposed to happen! That is really the last expense I need right now since I am trying to get ready for braces! On Monday, I called my dentist and make an appointment for that Thursday-luckily the tooth wasn't in pain or anything. Once I get there, the dentist takes pictures and x-rays and can see an area of decay. Bummer. So after 3 hours !! in the dentist chair, lots of drilling, 4 molds, etc. it turns out that under the buildup of the tooth for the crown, there was lots of decay-my tooth was "mush" (yeah, the dentist said that!!) and if much more time went on, I probably would have had a horrible toothache! It's all better now, just waiting for the permanent one to be ready. I did have to go back to the dentist again when the temporary crown fell off when I flossed! oops!! They used a stronger cement this time to hold it longer. 

I also called the surgeon's office this week and asked about my insurance approval-it still hasn't been submitted and my consult was at the end of October.  I am a little anxious (and frustrated). When I spoke to the lady on Wednesday, she said that it was in the stack to be done on Friday (today).  I REALLY hope it was done today, but I will call Tuesday or Wednesday of next week to see if it's in the system. Once the medical group gets it, it only takes about a week to get it approved, so that's good. I guess I am more nervous since the surgeon is out of my network. 

In anticipation of getting the approval, I called the orthodontist and  asked about setting up the appointment(s) needed to get my braces on.  She had actually talked to the surgeon the day before, so she said I can make the appointments. My next one will be on the 17th for more impressions (I hope it doesn't pull out the temporary crown!) and possibly spacers if needed, then the 21st to get the permanent crown placed and then finally getting braces on the 27th! Please keep your fingers crossed that I get the approval quickly and without any issues so that I can get this process moving along!

No comments:

Post a Comment