Saturday, December 22, 2012

FInally got approval!

I last posted about my information being submitted for insurance approval on the 7th...well the dr.'s office said it was faxed over to insurance then, but when I called them on Monday, they had no record of a pending request! It then took a couple of days to get in touch with the insurance person at the drs. office to get it submitted again. Meanwhile, I had those appointments for molds and braces already scheduled because I anticipated approval by then.  SO, insurance finally got submitted and then this Monday I called and they gave me the 19th as the date it would be finalized.  I called on the 19th and it was approved! FINALLY! It was only about 8 weeks after my initial consultation with the surgeon! 

I have been a little frustrated with the wait, okay, ALOT frustrated. I have a hard time being so patient!! I am sure everyone feels that too! In the meantime, I had an appointment to get final molds for the braces on the 17th, but since I didn't have approval yet (wasn't going to get started until I had it) and I didn't have my permanent crown yet,( did that yesterday) it was best to wait on the molds until both of those things were done. SO I rescheduled that appointment for the 28th and pushed out the braces appointment till the 4th of January.  That will only be a few days to get accustomed to metal in my mouth before I have to go back to work, but at least I don't have to take time off work as soon as we go back after break! 

Anyway, now I am excited but also so nervous thinking that I am actually committing to this process. Am I crazy?? I don't even want to think about how long ago I had braces when I was a teenager! Too many years!!  But as my husband said (he is so nice!) I shouldn't worry about the braces, that's the easy part, I need to worry about the surgery! Yikes!! See what I have to deal with?!?

I am going to enjoy the holidays brace-free and not feel guilty about eating a few sticky, crunchy foods since once I have braces that kind of stuff will be out!! I will try to post after I get the braces on.   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment