Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good News!

It's been a little over a week since my consultation with the first surgeon, and I haven't heard anything regarding insurance approval,etc. yet.  I decided to contact the surgeon's office to see if they knew anything.  The girl I spoke to stated that they sent in the request the day after my appointment and they heard from insurance the next day asking for more information and x-rays but haven't heard anything since then. I thought that I would call and check the status of the request and was told that it was APPROVED!!!! But only until Jan. 14th 2013. and only for outpatient so if it was for inpatient then they need to do a new request for that. Also, I know from reading others' blogs that everyone has to resubmit the insurance information for final approval right before surgery. That makes me a little nervous-what if they change their minds later?  I don't even want to know if that happened to anyone else. About the short timeline, when I gave a brief explanation of the process, the lady said they could ask for extension of the approval. I guess I should look in to that a little more. I am sure the surgeon's office knows what to do about that, it is their job after all. I just like to have all the details to try and put my mind at ease and I want no surprises later on!  I am really looking forward to the other consultation on Friday! I hope they can get everything approved through insurance too and then I can start the braces! It's still a little scary thinking of all this!

1 comment:

  1. My jaw is set very far back as well and to see that insurance may cover it, excites me tremendously! Keep coming with your updates on your research and progress. I'm very nervous to start the process but your research is very comforting and helpful!

    ReplyDelete